DRUNKARDS WORD

 

Whilst this is so random, it's a poem about some drunks who are capable of noting everything others miss, speak on them & yet not believed.

Drunkards words. . .


Always slurry, always slow

For I should know because I go

Staggering is my style

Beneath the sky

I wander from bar to bar



Early to rise

And drink till night falls

Makes me aware of it all

Though rebuked by many

Few beckons me



I speak the truth boldly

And they say, “Is the drink talking!”

I try to say what I mean

And mean what I say

But I am looked upon as “useless”

Cause drink is my business



Where I find solace

My ninth haven

I drink to stupor and yet

Find my way back home

But kudos are not given

Neither are my words taken seriously



I am drunk

It does not make me blind

Deaf or dumb

I put two and two together

What I saw of you before

What I hear you say now

So I foretell tomorrow

The dangers to come

And I try to help

But I am scoffed at

Irresponsible I am, so they say

Why? Is it because I drink?

Or I speak the truth

When my head is clear

And hurts from the drink of before

I cannot speak

Not to talk of saying the truth



Cause the truth is

When sober, I am a coward

But when drunk, I am me at my best

In all my nonsense, there is sense

But it is never taken

Cause it a drunkard’s word



I do not need your pity

Neither do I wallow in it

Though prayers on my behalf and

Seminars or counseling are accepted

I am who, what and where I am for a purpose



So be merry, be glad

Abstain from evil

For it lives with you

Do well and be good

Be virtuous and like me

Try to say what you mean

And mean what you say!




Hmm, I am a constant reminder to you

And you to me

That my words are like the breeze

It comes and goes

But one day will be noticed




Pay no attention!

Ha ha ha

For all these are the words of a DRUNKARD

Right?












Comments

Popular Posts