FORGIVE ME FATHER


Forgive me father is a prayer. seeking for help, as one wallows in despair.

Forgive me father for I have sinned
With a contrite heart
I bleed out my sins
Confessing my little evil deeds
Fighting against shame and guilt
As it strives to engulf me
And I find myself lying again
As I withhold some sins
Choosing that which I feel is the lesser of all

Kneeling with my face down
I list my sins uncomfortably
With regret and pain
I cower in fear
Waiting for penance
One that after I am done with
Would sink right back into sins
For it seems to lurk in the dark
Waiting for me to stumble

Forgive me, Father
For this is hard
I need your grace to surpass this phase
To maintain a pace
As holy as yours
And never to repeat these sins

Forgive me, Father I ask each day...

 


Comments

Popular Posts