Sucker

 

even with all the lies and deceit you still stay. Being a sucker even when the writing on the wall is as clear as day.

I’m a sucker for Words

Sucker for Love

Sucker for Poetry

Maybe that’s why I’m a sucker for you

I’m a sucker for action movies too

Hence why I don’t cling unto your every word

My body craves while my mind sways

As you release from your lips

Those poetic lyrics

That taunts me so

It’s amazing how you can stimulate my body

Yet barely stir my heart nor connect with my soul

 

Even at first Glance

With all your finance

Twas truly the Romance that pulled me in

You guffawed and hurrahed

Unknown to me that it was all a façade

I bought it, thinking it was legit and that we fit

Because at that moment time stood still

Still, there was a void in me that you couldn’t fill

Even with all your dollar bills

I tried and I wished and I hoped

Even though I know that no matter the tears I shed

What we have is as good as dead

 

You act as you care

Even though we both know that to you this is just another affair

I am ensnared in by you

And in despair, I cling

Comments

Popular Posts