My Village Love

 

My village love connotes an innocent or pure love between 2 individuals. One void of all pretense

My Village Love

Where has thy love disappeared to?

That simple and chaste love,

Where all we had to do was talk,

Laugh and play.

 

That sincere urge to see just your beautiful face,

To be contented only withholding you in my arms,

Look at your shy but happy face,

As you blush while you listen to my sweet tales.

 

That innocent love of ours seems like a myth now,

One that happened centuries before ours,

One where the ladies stay maidens,

And the men seek the maidens’ heart, not their pants.

 

One where lustful thoughts stayed as thoughts,

Deeply tucked away until she is made a bride,

One where being deceitful isn’t a norm,

And wealth, a prerequisite.

 

My sweet village love,

One that was neither full of naivety nor wisdom,

But balanced in love’s own way.


Comments

Popular Posts