I BLAME THE DEVIL

 

With all our flaws and mistakes, rather than take the blame, learn from our experiences, we rather blame the devil. Refusing to own up

I blame the devil

After all, he’s the one that convinced Eve to eat the Apple

The said Apple that brought knowledge and our condemnation

I blame the devil

 

I blame the devil

For all my fleshy lusts and vices

For all the wrong turns and things I have done

For all the crimes, lies, and ties-

That I have broken

I blame the devil

 

He made me do it!

Yes, the devil did

He made me cower in fear

As he knows the inevitable

My willingness to succumb to-

This needless and mindless need for evil

One that deep down

I know I would regret

 

Hunched over my shoulders

He speaks to me

Taunting me, persuading me

Filling my heart with deceit

As I feed his power with my weakness

He tirelessly tugs at my will

 

I blame the devil!

As I go limp in right and strong in the wrong

Dinning and tussling with him

I taste the excitement

Even with the knowledge of danger looming ahead

 

I blame the devil now as I always have

Especially after realization has dawned on me

When my wrongs have been brought to light

And my evil halted, as I am sentenced with a punishment well deserved

 

I still blame the devil

For my course and that of the world

As if he has a right over me

And not me handing him my free-will to be broken

Damn the devil!

 

I am that which hinders me

Yet I flawlessly blame the devil

Giving him credit for my every fall


Comments

Popular Posts