My Heart

After being constantly hurt and unable to pick the good from the bad, the hurt and pain refrains the heart from loving
 

Where art thou oh Prince Charming?

Do you exist only in my pretty naive
little head?

Or is it only bastards made of flesh and blood capable of love that exists?

How can one see a sheep when wolves lurk at every corner?

They hover around looking for their next prey to devour

Break and pull down

With each defense shoved aside, the hurt increases

 

The pain - a sour taste in the mouth

The frustration is a constant reminder of what happened

Who put it there?

Who they are?

And who is out there?

Fear creeps in and often blinds one from seeing the right one

Even with these, my heart is open

But filled with fear

Blinded by sweet words and fairy-tales

 

Grace and love are what we need

This is what I am told

But my heart no longer loves

Not like it used to

My bleeding-scarred heart tries to love

Hoping that the next lad would be the one

It is that little ray of hope that resists the cold from ruling my heart

It is that which still makes me human. . .


Comments

Popular Posts