Once Upon A Time, There Was You. . .

 

when love turns sour and both parties cannot stand each other. Once upon a time, there was you depicts that. Only this time, there is a child and so much emotions in between.

I was certain I was in love. We were compatible and your vices seemed little. As there were things I was sure I could contain and or change. Love just seemed enough. There were rough days but we always pulled through. Each rough patch seemed worse than before but nothing I couldn't handle or forgive. And when it seemed I would break, I got pregnant. 

And then there was you...

My joy was immeasurable and love unexplainable. I had received a gift. A little miniature you that ought to bring us together, only it didn't. Your vices didn't seem little anymore. I had one more you to contend with. A child so pure, I couldn't understand how you could give me such a gift. As if it weren't bad enough, I had to try and rationale how you are a shitty partner but a good father? 

And that was what made me stay. 

I remained miserable but gave our son a great father. An affectionate side I rarely saw, which was bestowed upon our son. Each day my hatred for you grew and he loved you more, which made me hated you even more. It became a struggle to remember why I fell in love with you. 

How we survived and why we survived. I guess love is not enough after all.

I want you. The great father, always with our son but cannot live with you - the shitty partner no more. 

Comments

Popular Posts